Nathanael Steven Allen
Project Manager - People Problem Solver
In addition to traditional business skills such as: communication (digital and interpersonal), project management, event planning, public relations, marketing, digital media development, leadership, sales, financial management and cultural studies, I have a super power.
I am highly skilled at walking into a new environment and figuring out how to accomplish a goal. This often involves assessing the situation or culture, identifying key leaders, listening to verbal and non-verbal cues to see what can be offered in each situation, highlighting who needs extra attention, who needs to be honored, and who needs help. In short, I’m great at rolling with the punches and improvising to make sure the goal is accomplished.
Project Management and Event Planning
- Administering, promoting and coordinating over 200 unique events, frequently working with local authorities and parents to resolve potential concerns.
- Overseeing numerous merchandise campaigns including design and concepts for surveys, brochures, ads, music packaging, t-shirts, sales displays and hundreds of event fliers.
- Producing several short run magazines through ad sales, artist interviews, written content, including editing and layout, working with local printers and overseeing product distribution.
- Booking, promoting and managing over 800 concerts in forty-eight states and Canada in the last six years.
Marketing & Public Relations
- Market analysis; Soliciting media coverage for multiple albums with email follow up.
- Managing six national tours including booking, public relations, promoting, transportation, merchandise, performance and logistics.
- Writing press releases for artists including Billy Joel, Elton John, Miley Cyrus, and As I Lay Dying.
- Monitoring online reputation.
- Creating an internet marketing and social media presence using social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, MySpace, etc.), websites, paypal, blogs (WordPress, Blogger), professional networks (LinkedIn), email marketing (Constant Contact), text messaging, video libraries (YouTube, Vimeo), instant messaging, updating media outlets and more.
- Organizing and facilitating street teams in seven regional high schools, enabling the distribution of over 60,000 fliers a year from 2003 to 2004.
Vision and Leadership
- Starting and running a community youth organization, including recruiting and managing a staff of over 20 volunteers; overseeing event management, accounting, budgeting, artist profiling, staff skills assessment, and conflict resolution.
- Mentoring anyone from young entrepreneurs to youth in crisis.
- Advising on life transitions, including exiting an organization gracefully.
- Teaching and facilitating dozens of small and large group meetings, including preparing and carrying out lesson plans.